Sunday, February 9, 2014

Might start up again...

Yeah.  You heard me.

Start. Up.

But really... I'm looking down the barrel of writing contests, I was invited to run games at GenCon, I'm trying to branch out and play more and get involved in the indie tabletop scene.

Obviously, gaming has changed for me a lot. Long gone are my days of playing 8 games. I'm down to Vampire, one online D&D game, and whatever my local group organizers on the weekends, usually Edge of Empire, or my own Eberron World game.

I'm not juggling 3 high-prep high fantasy games, either. Not that I miss that as much as I complain to.

The truth is, I originally felt both blown away and left behind by the wave of new indie RPG's coming out. I think I was a year or so behind the bus on Fiasco, and while it's fun and cute, maybe just due to the nature of the games I've played I still haven't had a completely off the wall, 100% bought in game of it.

Then I got into Kickstarter, and it's been downhill, and my shelf keeps filling with games I don't get to run enough. I'm probably batting .200 for games I own and have run. Well, I'm pretty much done with that crap. Time to run things.

It's only in the last couple of months, probably since the last RinCon in October, that I finally feel like I have a handle on this brave new world of indie games. And not just that, but _holy crap I can actually participate in it_.

I also want to be in top shape for GenCon. So, that means more one-shots and con style games instead of my lofty dreams of running more campaigns. So, today, I started that.

I'll be posting Part 1 of my Let's Play of Wolfspell, an awesome game from the Patreon-pushed World's Without Master RPG Zine, later tonight. Hopefully, it is the start of

No comments:

Post a Comment